An Optimistic Cynic - Etsy Shop

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Check Your Apples For Razorblades!

It's that time of year again! Do you know your costume yet? I have one planned, but I'm still trying to gather the pieces. I like oddball and/or creepy costumes. Slutty chicks in kitty ears are okay, but there needs to be some variety.

Just call me variety.

One classic year I made a dress out of sponges - I went as Self-Absorbed. (It rained that night. The sponge-dress got heavy)

Another year I did like a 'half man, half woman' kinda thing, and wore a slip with the words "Freudian" on it in sharpie.

For a low key event on Halloween one year, I put on a pink dress and tied a shoe to my head.... that's right. I was chewed gum.

I've also been a wind up doll with a turnable wind up crank and peeling face paint.



This is Cheetara, from last year.









This is me as Jackie O, right after the shots were fired... That thing in my hand is part of  head that we, of course, just happened to have laying around the house.

The two reactions I got, almost accross the board that night were,

A: people that had no idea what I was supposed to be, and

B: people that found this costume extremely tasteless.

*

*

*

Well  I  thought it was funny....



ANYways,

this pic isn't from a Halloween.

This is what happens when you date a make up effects artist.







I posted pics of this one in an earlier post, but here's another.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. so cool! especially that black and white alien(?) one. very professional1 thanks for coming by my blog!
    -camille
    GGA

    ReplyDelete