An Optimistic Cynic - Etsy Shop

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Body Part Recipiant!


This is an e-mail from an organ recipient! I'm always asked what people do with the organs I crochet.... well here's an answer for ya. Many thanks to April for giving me permission to re-print this! I loved the creative presentation so much, I had to add the pic as well.
Cheers :-)


"Hi Sarah! April here. I purchased one of your crocheted hearts off of etsy. I got your note and wanted to send you a picture of what I did with it. I'll give you a synopsis as well.

I have been dating Dann for a little over a month now. I knew from the first day I met him I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life. He's a vegan but he's awfully morbid. Right up my alley. I found the crocheted heart on etsy and wanted to give him my "heart" for Christmas. :) The heart arrived and it was perfect! I bought a plain box from Jo Ann fabrics. I stained it and coated it twice with a clear coat. After all of that dried, I took red paid and splatter painted "blood" in the box. I put the heart in it and will be giving it to him tomorrow.

I am very excited to be giving him this present - just as it's shown in the picture. Thank you so much for creating this for me to give him as a symbol of my love.

April"
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment