An Optimistic Cynic - Etsy Shop

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Body Part Recipiant - A Touching Story

'You have NO idea how perfect this will be for a family friend who is having a "heart procedure" tomorrow. *Rose knit or crochets "prayer shawls" for church members who are ill or simply need some comfort. Immediately after my mother had a bad stroke five years ago, Rose made a custom prayer shawl for her which my mother absolutely cherished. My mother passed about 1 1/2 years ago so you can see the shawls work!
...We had my mother's closed casket draped in the shawl made by Rose during the visitation the night before the funeral...it was that special to Mom and extremely appropriate.'


*Names changed at sender request.


Thank you again to the recipient that shared this lovely story with me :-)
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment