An Optimistic Cynic - Etsy Shop

Thursday, October 7, 2010

YAARRRR! Thar be tentacles in me Headmeats!





These earrings are sculpted from Fimo clay. I had some old mismatched stud earrings in the bottom of my jewelry box that I did not know existed, and smooshed the clay around them, and proceeded to make them look all tentacaly. I have 3 holes in my right ear (thanks to an evening of boredom, and a sewing needle burnt over a candle), so the earring for that side it made up of 4 pieces to really give my ear that "Hey there's part of a sea creature squirming through your head" look. I know. I'm so vogue.

While there are many many available options in my wardrobe that would perfectly offset the tentacles in my head, I decided that I'd really go all out and continue with the sea theme, crocheting up this rockin' sweater dress. The pattern is actually out of Crochet Nation Stitch and Bitch, with a couple alterations to make up for the fact that I do not have like 7 bucks to spend per skein, so I buy the cheaper, though still wonderful and totally wearable wool/acrylic blend you see here.

HUZZAH!
Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Oh Miss Sarah.
    I miss you. Go be fantabulously wonderful
    Love, me

    ReplyDelete