An Optimistic Cynic - Etsy Shop

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Crocheted Anatomy



Resovling once again to update more often! I can't believe it's been four months since my last post....just awful. While this may be just another hallmark of my inherit slackerness, I swear, I've actually been pretty busy.

Most recently, I was a part of Rapscallion Theatre Collective's Fourth Annual Salute UR Shorts Short Play Festival, which closed July 11th, after a sweltering week of NYC brand heat. No better place to be than a theater on days like those.

And I'm a supervillian! I've been cast as the next Bitter Evil in the cult comic-booky-web series, Vixens of Virtue Vixens of Vice! Currently in production for season 2, facebook 'em!

I've also been makin' up a storm. New drawings, new crocheted stuffs, and a bunch more ideas rattleing around in my noggin.

The heart and the eyeball are going to be one of a few new crocheted oddities. I love 'em both, but I was especially proud of the eyeball design. There are suprisingly many crocheted eyeball options out there, but I decided to include the surrounding eye muscles, and the optic nerve, making this education as well as...umm... kinda creepy-cute. I'm debating on whether I want to continue with the body parts theme, or if I want to branch it out a bit and just do a line of slightly-warped-but-still-cute crocheted not-for-kids toys. Going to go through my yarn and see what I can come up with.

In the meantime, I'm pouring over my sketchbook....the results of that coming soon...
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment