An Optimistic Cynic - Etsy Shop

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Klean Kanteen Cozy





I get up around 4am for work most mornings, and I am cranky and groggy, and occationaly want some nice hot coffee to take to work with me. Got a kleen kanteen the night before and thought, "Great! I can bring my coffee to work this morning." Yeah. Um. Coffee is HOT, and that canteen is made of METAL. I am not smart at 4am. So after I bandaged my badly burnt hands (leaving my fingers exposed so I could still hold a hook), I grabbed a scrap yarn ball, and crocheted this during a boring morning at work. It's proven totally invaluable. I've posted the pattern on ehow ...http://www.ehow.com/how_5546258_crochet-bottle-insulator.html

but you can scroll down and get it below too :-)

You will need:
a 5mm hook
less than on skein. I used a color I had in my scrap stash, so I can't be sure exactly how much.
a Klean kanteen, or a bottle of similar size
basic knowledge of crochet

The Bottom:

Ch 3, sl st in third ch from hook.
Row 1: Ch 2 (counts as 1 dc), 7 dc in center. Sl st in top of ch 2 to join. (8 dc)
Row 2: Ch 2, dc in same sp as ch 2. 2 dc in next dc, and in each dc around. Sl st in ch 2 to join. (16 dc)
Row 3: Ch 2, dc in same sp as ch 2. *dc in dc, 2 dc in next dc*, repeat from * to* around. Sl st in ch 2 to join. (24 dc)
Row 4: Ch 2, dc in same sp as ch 2. *dc in dc, 2 dc in next dc*, repeat from * to* around. Sl st in ch 2 to join. (36 dc)

The Body:
Row 5: Ch 1 (count as 1st sc), sc in each dc across. Sl st in beg ch to join.(36sc)
Rows 6-26 (or till desired length is reached): Ch 1 (count as 1st sc), sc in each dc across. Sl st in beg ch to join.(36 sc)


The Trim:

Fan stitch: Skip first sc, 5 dc in next sc, skip sc, sl st in next sc. *Skip sc, 5 dc in next sc, skip sc, sl st in next sc*, repeat from * to * around. Fasten off and weave in ends.


Easy peasy.
Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment