I've been a busy bee lately - I have a brand spankin' new banner and avatar, done by CandyGraphics . . . if you're in the market for either, check her out on Etsy. I've also posted some new stuff on my Burdastyle
accounthttp://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LmJ1cmRhc3R5bGUuY29tL21lbWJlci9PcHRpbWlzdGljQ3luaWM= and I'm giving Twitter a try, but I don't know if I can get in the swing of updating that often, haha http://www.twitter.com/optcynshop
Anyhoo . . . so a couple of years ago now, I had a birthday, and on this birthday, my buddy Jeff gave me a large, loud, plaid, thrift-store-find vest. Always up to a challenge, I was determined to, in the words of Tim Gunn, make it work.It wasn't all bad. It had a rather nice quilted lining (which i kept), and it was big, so I had a lot to work with. I split the side seams and took the whole thing in about three inches - on each side. I added a couple of darts at the small of my back to give it a hip-hugging shape. It had a hood attatched, which I liked, but it didn't really fit with the rest of the alterations, so I took it off, and reshaped it useing an old vintage pattern for a hooded pullover I had laying around. I tried to salvage the buttons and button holes (mostly because I hate sewing them on, and i HATE sewing button holes . . .such a pain), but because the vest was so large, I had to do some button adding and button hole rearranging, but in the end, I'm happy with how it turned out . . . it's pretty damn cute with jeans.