An Optimistic Cynic - Etsy Shop

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Medusa


So . . . I plan listing prints of original artwork (done by yours truely, of course), by the end of the week. . . probably sooner. This particular one will likely be the first one up, so I thought I'd preview it here.

I do mostly pen and ink pieces. I like doing tiny, meticulas details for the sake of visual texture, and this is such an example. I call this one "Medusa" - she's my take on the Greek mythological charactor of the same name (although I suppose I could have called it "Gorgon" as well). I wanted the snakes to be there, but kind of secondary, like, "Oh hey, her hair is snakes!"

Any feedback is appreciated . . . drawings on the way . . .
Posted by Picasa
Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved the amazing silvery grey tones you get with inks. Your 'Medusa' is excellent - you've got talent!

    ReplyDelete